iPad with iOS 7 or iOS 8 provides good support to all IMAP email services, like Gmail, AOL mail, Outlook and others. We will help you to learn adding your AOL mail account to iPad air, iPad mini and other iPad models with iOS 7 or iOS 8. You can contact AOL helpline number or can follow the steps we share and do it yourself. There are some tips and tricks for adding your AOL main account on iPad.
AOL provides SMTP servers for the iPad’s Mail app as well as for other email programs. Like iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, the new iPad Air supports AOL mail. While the iPad Air includes AOL as an email option, you can also set up your AOL email account manually. Here, you will learn how to set up AOL account on iPad Air with its built-in option along with the manual email configuration. iPad air automatically fills up most information with less manual input or intervention.
- Click the “Mail” app on your iPad’s home screen. Once the Mail app opens, click “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” in the sidebar and select “Add Account.”
2. AOL is an email option in the drop-down menu. Select AOL, and enter your AOL account credentials and other descriptions.
3. On tapping the Next button, your credentials will be verified for the correct login and password by AOL Server. You will then see the below screen.
iPad Air automatically chooses IMAP as the default AOL mail protocol. Every action you take with your AOL email on your iPad air takes place and is copied on the IMAP server as well. If your email is organized into folders, you can access your AOL email from somewhere else and see the same folders you set up on your iPad air. IMAP is ideal for email management on multiple devices since it can keep your AOL emails synced very well.
4. Click on Save button to confirm and finish adding the AOL account to iPad Air.
You can also manually setup AOL email on your iPad mini and iPhone.
- An alternative to setting up AOL email on iPad is to use the manually configure the email. From Settings > > “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”, choose Others(other than AOL) to enter the manual setup mode. In case you cannot add AOL account to your iPad air, double check the manual setup and configuration and start the Manual Setup Method. Use “Imap.aol.com” as the “Incoming Mail Server”, “smtp.aol.com” as the “Outgoing Mail Server”, and enter full email address into both “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server.”
With the help of these steps, you can easily configure your AOL email account in iPad. But if you want any other type of help related to AOL like how to change my AOL password then don’t worry just click here Change my AOL password.
Read Also :- Add Emotions to Your Email with AOL Mail Smileys